Katherine Jenkins Announces New Album and 2019 Guiding Light Tour
Best-selling classical artist, Katherine Jenkins OBE has announced the release of her new album ‘Guiding Light’, out 30th November via Decca Records.
The release is also accompanied by the announcement of Katherine’s new 2019 tour An Evening With Katherine Jenkins, with presale tickets available from September 5th via www.ticketmaster.co.uk / www.gigsandtours.com.
For Katherine, the new album represents the culmination of a deeply emotional journey which began when her beloved father, Selwyn, died and found a new path when she became a mother. It is an album which speaks of life, hope, acceptance and a universal spirituality, and for Katherine there is a sense of a greater purpose to her performance.
The LP includes 15 brand new tracks featuring Katherine’s personal favourites new and old; from the time honoured ‘Make Me a Channel of Your Peace’ and ‘Morning Has Broken’ to covers of Stormzy’s ‘Blinded By Your Grace’ and ‘Never Enough’ from The Greatest Showman, alongside original material including ‘Xander’s Song, written for the newest addition to her family, her son born earlier this year.
The Welsh mezzo-soprano says, “I have a life now I don’t think I ever expected to have,” Jenkins says. “I am very happy, very blessed and I feel incredibly grateful. I feel whole new layers of emotion which have really taken me by surprise and made me feel like I have found myself, found my true voice.”
“My voice has changed. This album is the most intimate album I have ever made. It’s a mindful collections of songs. I’m not trying to prove anything, I’m not trying to show how many notes I can hit, I just want to take people to a place of emotion and reflection – to touch hearts and souls.”
Cherished as one of Britain’s all-time favourite singers, last year Katherine was officially crowned The No.1 selling 'Classical Music Artist of the Last 25 Years’ by Classic FM, and made chart history when her last album, ‘Celebration’ became her 12th UK Classical No.1 album in 12 years. These record-breaking achievements cemented Katherine's position as the world’s most prolific artist in UK Classical chart history.
Katherine will be touring new album, ‘Guiding Light’ next April and May, performing 18 English dates, alongside concerts in Glasgow, Belfast and Dublin, plus Cardiff and Llandudno in her native Wales. She will be joined by one of the UK’s most versatile orchestras, The London Concert Orchestra, under Musical Director Anthony Inglis for the majority of the tour. The orchestra can be heard regularly at the Barbican, Royal Festival Hall and The Royal Albert Hall, providing audiences with an eclectic repertoire from popular classics and opera, to hits from ﬁlms and musicals. The London Concert Orchestra has worked with Katherine for the last two years in her series of hugely popular Christmas concerts.
The Ulster Orchestra will be accompanying Katherine for the two Irish dates of the 2019 tour. Based in Belfast, The Ulster Orchestra is Northern Ireland’s flagship arts organisation and its players comprise the only professional symphony orchestra in the region. The Orchestra performs regularly for BBC Radio 3 and Radio Ulster, including participating in the annual BBC Proms in the Park celebrations.
Katherine Jenkins: The Guiding Light Tour Dates
- Wed 05 Sep 18 Pre sale tickets on sale 10am
- Fri 07 Sep 18 General sale tickets on sale 10am
- Fri 26 Apr 19 Oxford New Theatre
- Sat 27 Apr 19 Birmingham Symphony Hall
- Mon 29 Apr 19 Manchester Bridgewater Hall
- Tue 30 Apr 19 Gateshead Sage
- Thu 02 May 19 Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
- Sat 04 May 19 Liverpool Philharmonic
- Sun 05 May 19 Milton Keynes Theatre
- Tue 07 May 19 Cardiff St David’s Hall
- Wed 08 May 19 Bournemouth IC
- Fri 10 May 19 Llandudno Venue Cymru Theatre
- Sat 11 May 19 Bath Forum
- Mon 13 May 19 Southampton Mayflower
- Tue 14 May 19 Leicester De Montfort Hall
- Wed 15 May 19 Cambridge Corn Exchange
- Fri 17 May 19 Nottingham Royal Concert Hall
- Sat 18 May 19 London Palladium
- Mon 20 May 19 Guildford G Live
- Tue 21 May 19 Southend Cliffs Pavilion
- Thu 23 May 19 Ipswich Regent
- Fri 24 May 19 York Barbican
- Sun 26 May 19 Dublin Bord Gais Theatre
- Mon 27 May 19 Belfast Waterfont Hall
Tickets available from: www.ticketmaster.co.uk / www.gigsandtours.com